I pulled my finger out and actually booked everything for my jailbreak from UK! :
- Getting the train from Sunderland to London King's Cross
- Staying in London for 6 days with a friend.
- Getting the Megabus from London Victoria Coach station to Paris (with awesome ferry ride too)
- Then staying in Paris for 4 days, staying in a hostel called 'Friends Hostel' in Montmartre.
- And then getting the train to Aix-en-Provence, via Marseille!
all for literally -just- over £100.....
I'm properly shitting myself now though! Still haven't been greatly lucky accommodation wise, and the owners haven't been so great about even just simply responding to e-mails, but I guess that's part of the excitement of being potentially homeless for the next few months! Wooooo!
Friends Hostel, 122 Bvd de la Chapelle 75018 Paris, France:
Blatantly going to be a massive shit-hole...but for 10€-ish a night, I wouldn't care if they ask me to hand over a kidney as downpayment......